Vespufloor 1K/2K is a two-component water-based 100 % polyurethane lacquer.
Exceptionally durable, non-yellowing and fast curing.
For indoor use on concrete surfaces in hallways, utility rooms, hobby rooms, in areas for light commercial purposes etc. If used in areas for commercial purposes, it is important to note that certain materials may discolour the surface if the material contains plasticisers in combination with oil-based products (e.g. rubber).
The lacquer has received the Danish Indoor Climate Labelling and has undergone extensive volatile emission and odour tests. This ensures that there are no chemical substances in the product which adversely affect the air quality in the room.
For professional use.
Product: Two-component water-based polyurethane lacquer.
900 litres Vespufloor 1K/2K in matt.
200 litres Vespufloor 2K hardener.
Appearance: Creamy/milky in the container. Colourless film when dry.
Coverage: 10-12 m² per litre.
Mixing: 10 parts of lacquer to 1 part of hardener.
Stir/shake the lacquer thoroughly until any settled product has been stirred/shaked in.
Add hardener and stir/shake the lacquer thoroughly again, minimum 45 seconds.
After adding hardener leave for 10 minutes.
Stir/shake the lacquer again prior to use, minimum 45 seconds.
Pot-life: The mixture should be used within 2 hours. Avoid reuse of mixed material beyond this time.
Application tools: Brush, short haired roller, applicator.
Substrate temperature: 15-25 °C.
Dilution: Maximum 15 % dilution with water by spray application.
Drying time at 20 °C and 50 % RH:
Approx. 3 hours.
Ready for light traffic: 8 hours.
Fully cured after 72 hours.
Apply only 2 coats of lacquer per day.
Cleaning of tools: Soap and water immediately after use.
Storage: Lasts for 1 year if unopened and stored at 20 °C. Not to be exposed to temperatures below 5 °C.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Ensure that the surface is absolutely clean, dry and free from dust, wax, grease, polish, soap residues etc. Sand the surface to remove dirt and irregularities. Vacuum thoroughly and and make sure to take precautionary measures against new concrete where concrete slurry may have been left on the floor.
- Apply one coat of lacquer and leave to dry according to recommendation.
- Sand with sandpaper grit 150-180 and vacuum sanding dust.
- Apply a second coat of lacquer and leave to dry overnight.
- A third coat can be applied for added durability.
- Adhesion properties are optimized if the surface is sanded with sandpaper grit 150-180 before the third coat of lacquer. If the third coat of lacquer is applied after more than 24 hours, sanding must always be carried out.
Previously sealed floors:
- To dissolve old soap residues, first wash the floor with Junckers Neutralizer.
- Sand thoroughly using grit 150-180 and vacuum sanding dust.
- Apply one coat of lacquer and leave to dry.
- Before lacquering the full area, it is recommended to conduct a trial application on a smaller area.
How to conduct a trial application:
Lacquer a couple of spots, 2 coats at 4 hours interval. After drying for 24 hours check the spots for adhesion by scraping with the edge of a coin. If the adhesion is functioning and the appearance of the surface is acceptable, the floor can be lacquered. If the result is not acceptable, sand the floor down to the bare concrete. Then apply the lacquer as described under "Untreated floors".
Before using the product, read the label on the container carefully and observe the recommended precautionary measures. See Safety Data Sheet for detailed information.
- Vespufloor 2K hardener, see separate data sheet.
- Junckers Neutralizer