Junckers Hexparquet wood tile is a supplement to stave parquet which is a traditional type of wooden flooring which has been used for centuries. Different traditions for laying and treatment of the floors have been established by craftsmen in different countries and Junckers has great respect for these traditions. Therefore, this document is to be seen as Junckers’ guidance on laying, finishing treatment and maintenance of our Wood tiles.
Junckers Hexparquet have gone through a quality control process at the factory – it is however, important also to check for errors and defects before and during the installation.
The wood tile are delivered untreated and require sanding and surface treatment after installation (see the section about surface treatment). If the wood tiles are glued down, sanding must be carried out no earlier than 24 hours after gluing.
Tile dimensions: 20,5 x 370 x 370 x 370 mm
- Junckers HexParket is manufactured in 100% solid hardwood oak.
- The tiles are hexagonal and assembled by 3 single-pieces.
- Each tile has a groove on all sides, enabling an accompanying loose tongue to be mounted in the installation phase.
- Installation is conducted by gluing the tiles to the subfloor.
- HexParket is delivered untreated from the factory and has to be “on site” surface treated with either lacquer or oil.
- The tiles have a thickness of 20,5mm and a width of 370 x 370 x 370mm.
- HexParket is delivered in Junckers highly demanded Harmony quality, i.e. with a natural appearance, few knots and some colour and structural graining variation between the individual tiles.