Fast drying, water-based primer for use on untreated or machine sanded wooden floors in commercial, residential or sports areas.
By use of a primer the risk of side-bonding between the individual floor boards is minimised. Protective coats with one of Junckers water based floor lacquers have to be applied after priming.
Choose PreLak Clear for the traditional look or PreLak Colour to create a lighter or darker atmosphere in the room. A coloured primer is slightly transparent and emphasizes the natural grain structure of the wood.
PreLak has received the Danish Indoor Climate Labelling and has therefore undergone extensive emission and odour tests. This ensures that there are no chemical substances in the lacquer which adversely affect the air quality in the room.
For professional and private use.
Product: Water-based acrylic primer
Package sizes: 2.5 litres, 5 litres and 10 litres in Clear and White.
Clear: Creamy/milky. When dry a colourless film.
White: Creamy/milky. Dries up to a transparent white film.
Nordic: Creamy/milky. Dries up to an untreated look on light wood species.
Grey: Creamy/Grey. Dries up to a transparent grey film.
Coverage: 8 m² per litre. Before application: Shake/stir well before use.
Application tools: Short hair roller. Do not apply by spraying. Don’t apply by pouring out the lacquer directly on the floor.
Substrate temperature: Minimum 15 °C and maximum 25 °C.
Dilution: Delivered ready for use. Dilution is not recommended.
Drying time at 20 °C and 50 % RH: Approx. 1-2 hours.
Water-based products have a certain gluing effect and are therefore only recommended to be used in rooms with a stable humidity. The difference between highest and lowest RH must not fluctuate more than 30 % during the year.
Cleaning of tools: Soap and water immediately after use
Storage: Lasts for 1 year if unopened and stored at 20 °C. Not to be exposed to temperatures below 5 °C.
PreLak Clear: 1 coat, 8 m²/litre or
PreLak, Colour: 1-2 coats, 8 m²/litre.
+ 2 coats of a top-lacquer. Choose according to expected wear of the floor.
High traffic areas: Finish with 2 coats of Strong, Strong Premium or HP Commercial 10 m²/litre.
Low traffic areas: Finish with 2 coats of ProFinsh 10 m²/litre.
Sport areas: Finish with 2 coats of HP Sport 10-12 m²/litre
DIRECTION FOR USE
The surface should be clean, dry and free from dust, wax, grease, polish etc. Machine sand the surface to remove dirt and irregularities. Vacuum thoroughly and wipe off with a cloth well wrung in clean water.
The final sanding, before applying PreLak should be carried out by using sandpaper grit 120-150.
- Apply 1 coat of PreLak in an even layer.
- When using coloured PreLak an additional coat can be applied to obtain more colour intensity.
- Make sure that overlapping edges on the lacquered area do not dry out during treatment.
- Do not apply more than 2 coats per day.
- When the primer is dry, sand with sandpaper grit 150-180 or a black screening pad.
- Finish with 2 coats of one of Junckers waterbased floor lacquers.
Previously sealed floors:
- Machine sand before applying PreLak. Use sandpaper grit 24-36 to strip privious coats.
- Then remove abrasion marks with sandpaper grit 60-80.
- Finally, use sandpaper grit 120-150 to obtain a completely smooth surface.
- Vacuum sanding dust and wipe off with a cloth well wrung in clean water. Prime the floor as described under “Untreated/ sanded floors”.
Before using the product, read the label on the container carefully and observe the recommended precautionary measures.
See Material Safety Data Sheet for detailed information.
F 4.2 - Junckers ProFinish
F 5.1 - Junckers Strong
F 5.9 - Junckers Strong Premium
F 8.2 - Junckers HP Sport
F 8.5 - Junckers HP Commercial