Priming and finishing oil for wooden floors and table-/worktops.
Use Rustic Oil clear for the classic look or Rustic Oil colour to give the room character. If you have installed a wooden floor with a strip for shipsdecking, always use clear oil, as coloured oil will discolor the strip.
If you like the appearance of oil, but want the advantages of a lacquered surface, you can combine Rustic Oil with HP Commercial.
Rustic Oil has received the Danish Indoor Climate Labelling. A product with this labelling has undergone extensive volatile emission and odour tests. This ensures that there are no chemical substances in the product which adversely affect the air quality in the room.
For professional and private use.
Hardening urethane oil in paraffinic solvent.
Clear: ¾, 2½, 5, 10 litres.
White and black: ⅜, ¾, 2½, 5 litres.
Cherry: ⅜, ¾, 2½ litres.
Invisible, anthracite grey, dark coco, mahogany, walnut, wild hazel, driftwood grey: ⅜, 2½ litres.
A clear oil provides the wood with a deep, warm glow.
The colour invisible retains an untreated look on light wood species.
Invisible is not recommended on dark wood species.
A coloured oil is slightly transparent and enhances the natural grain of the wood.
Coverage per coat:
Light wood species like beech, ash, oak and pine: 12-15 m² per litre.
Exotic wood species like nyatoh and merbau: 20-30 m² per litre.
Before application: Shake/stir well before use.
Application tools: Cloth, brush, roller, lambswool applicator, a white nylon scouring pad. Use a buffng machine on floors.
Substrate temperature: Minimum 15 °C.
Dilution: Delivered ready for use. Dilution is not recommended.
Drying time at 20 °C and 50 % RH:
16-24 hours before applying the finishing oil.
Ready for use 24 hours after the finishing treatment.
Fully cured after 3 days.
Do not cover the surface by i.e. carpets or rugs before the oil is fully cured.
Cleaning of tools: White spirit.
Storage: Lasts for 2 years if unopened and stored at 20 °C. Once opened the oil will start to form a skin and may harden in the can.
Domestic and commercial areas:
2 coats of Rustic Oil, applied wet in wet
+ 1 coat of Rustic Oil.
Alternative to the finishing coat of oil: 2 coats of HP Commercial.
2 coats of Rustic Oil
+ 2 thin coats of Rustic Oil.
DIRECTION FOR USE
Priming of untreated/sanded wood:
Ensure that the surface is absolutely clean, dry and free from dust, wax, grease, polish etc. Irregularities can be removed by sanding in the direction of the wood grains. Final sanding must be conducted with sandpaper grit 100-120. Vacuum sanding dust.
Larger areas are recommended to be divided into smaller areas, which can be oiled in 30 minutes. Make sure that overlapping edges between the oiled areas do not dry out during treatment.
Moistening the surface prior to oiling is recommended. This improves saturation of the oil and provides a uniform appearance. Use a damp cloth and make sure that the floor is evenly and visibly wetted. Leave to dry until the surface no longer feels damp.
Apply 2 coats of Rustic Oil wet in wet:
- This is done by first applying one coat of oil.
- Wait up to 30 minutes and then apply the second coat.
- Make sure that the oil appears glossy/wet and spread the oil from wet to dry areas, where the oil has been absorbed.
- After 20-30 minutes of processing, and while the oil is still wet, buff the surface lightly with a white nylon pad.
- Finally, remove excess oil with a clean lint-free cloth. Be sure to wipe off all oil to obtain a uniform matt surface.
- Areas with not absorbed dried up oil will discolour the surface.
- Leave to dry for 16-24 hours, before applying the finishing coat of oil.
Finishing with Rustic Oil:
- Sand or scour the surface carefully with fine sandpaper grit 180-220 or a green or black nylon pad.
- Vacuum sanding dust.
- On floors, apply 1 coat of Rustic Oil.
- On worktops, apply 2 thin coats of Rustic Oil.
- Make sure that the surface is saturated and polish with a clean lint-free cloth until the floor feels dry.
- Oil not absorbed must be removed within 30 minutes after application.
Please note that the natural content of resin in wood can affect the colour expression, both when oiling with clear oil and with coloured oil. The reaction to the resin depends on wood species, but it is particularly pronounced on softwood, e.g. pine.
Especially about coloured oils:
- By long-term contact or by contact with other materials smudging from coloured oils may occur.
- Floors primed with coloured oil can alternatively be finished with clear oil, if the colour intensity of the priming oil is considered suffient.
- If the colour white or invisible is used, the floor must always be finished with the same colour. Clear oil can affect the colour intensity and create a slightly yellowing effect.
- The colour invisible contains white pigment and this will be visible on dark wood species.
Care and maintenance, oiled surfaces:
If the existing oil surface is sound and stable the floor can be refreshed with Rustic Top Oil.
On floors and worktops, refresh with Rustic Oil clear, if the surface shows sign of wear. Method as described under "Finishing with Rustic Oil".
Finishing with lacquer - Floors:
Higher wearability of the floor can be obtained by finishing with lacquer.
Please note, that it is very important that the floor surface is a 100 % saturated with oil before lacquering. If not, there is a risk of discoloration.
- Especially about oak: The tannic acid content in this wood species needs extra attention. Therefore, a third layer of oil must be applied before lacquering. Method as described under "Finishing with Rustic Oil”.
- When the oil is dry, screen with a green pad.
- Vacuum sanding dust.
- Apply one coat of HP Commercial lacquer and leave to dry approx. 4 hours.
- Then apply the final coat of lacquer and leave to dry until fully curred.
Care and maintenance, lacquered floors:
Periodically, when the lacquered surface becomes dull and worn the floor may be cleaned, lightly sanded and then over-coated with a single coat of lacquer.
If the surface is worn through the floor must be sanded and the area must be re-treated with oil and lacquer.
Before using the product, read the label on the container carefully and observe the recommended precautionary measures.
See Material Safety Data Sheet for detailed information.
F 2.7 - Junckers Rustic Top Oil
F 8.5 - Junckers HP Commercial